Hi, I am Magda and I am a Wedding Photographer based in Surrey.
Originally I come from Poland but I made UK my home some time ago. When my husband and I arrived here in 2003 we thought we’d stay for a year or two. Now, 16 years later, I am proud to be a British Citizen. I live in the West End village near Woking in Surrey with my wonderful husband and two beautiful children.
When I was a little girl I wrote in my mum’s diary that I wanted to be an artist when I grew up. From the earliest years of my life, I have always endeavoured to capture the beauty of things through art. This began with painting (I most love oils and the pastels!) and in more recent years through photography using my DSLR camera as the medium. I have a degree in Business and Marketing and my first career was in the field of marketing/market research. After I shot my first wedding my mind was made up and I made the move to an industry I love to spend time doing something that makes me happy: my photography.
I love photographing people, catching their emotions in order to show their personalities through photographs. I love natural light and love shooting on location.
As a perfectionist, I take every opportunity to improve my photography skills. I take part in numerous courses, training sessions and conferences. I am a proud Qualified Member of Society of Wedding & Portrait Photographers (SWPP). This gives me the access to a wide network of the leading wedding photographers and suppliers in the UK.
5 things about me:
- I love my life and wouldn’t change it for anything.
- I love Argentinian Tango; I used to attend dancing classes and my dream was to perform tango at my wedding, but it didn’t happen.
- I love travelling; my favourite destination is Italy - a place where I am able to switch off completely. Travelling with my children, showing them the World is now more enjoyable and fulfilling than ever before.
- My motto: “Happiness is a state of mind, a choice, a way of living, not a destination”.
- I ran the Surrey Half Marathon three times.